Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


This Mother's Day has been exciting thinking that by next year this time I may actually be a mother. Well, our home study still hasn't been officially approved, yet, but it sounds like it's getting closer. WACAP is waiting for some copies of documents that we had already sent to Adoption Alliance. Meanwhile, we've also been collecting and notarizing documents needed for our dossier. That is what is required by the Thai government, along with a copy of our home study. I'm going to include a poem here, which I found on the internet. I liked it so much that I decided to include in the "Life Book" I've been creating for Penny. (A life book is kind of like a baby book, but a little different since she's an older child entering our family. And since they don't print those in the stores, I decided to create my own.) Here it is...

Love Poem from Your Mother

My child,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream
that you were real.
My child,
I carried your picture with me
since the day I received it,
And dared to love
a child I was yet to meet.
My child,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder
at your face,
And dared to lose
my heart to you.
And now, my child,
a dream fulfilled,
a prayer answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
a mom.
And so now,
my precious child,
I shall carry you
home.

words by Jill Work Copywright 1998

No comments: