We had a great weekend with a visit from my (Chandra's) best friend from high school and her husband. Christine and Stephan are from Germany. She is actually half American and half German. Her dad grew up in Freeman, SD. So, that's how she ended up coming to Freeman Academy for a year. Her husband's mother was Japanese and his Dad, German. But, the funny thing is that Christine and I had learned more Japanese and speak more than Stephan. She studied it in college and lived there for about two years. Her twin brother, Marcus, is also fluent in Japanese. We had a great weekend, staying up late, giggling like high school girls, again. And we enjoyed going up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Our husbands were very patient and did a great job of letting us just chatter non-stop. I hadn't seen Christine since 2000, when I visited her in Germany and then she came for a visit while I was in Japan. So, it had been almost seven years. It was great fun catching up and meeting each other's husbands for the first time.
The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Meeting Old Friends
We had a great weekend with a visit from my (Chandra's) best friend from high school and her husband. Christine and Stephan are from Germany. She is actually half American and half German. Her dad grew up in Freeman, SD. So, that's how she ended up coming to Freeman Academy for a year. Her husband's mother was Japanese and his Dad, German. But, the funny thing is that Christine and I had learned more Japanese and speak more than Stephan. She studied it in college and lived there for about two years. Her twin brother, Marcus, is also fluent in Japanese. We had a great weekend, staying up late, giggling like high school girls, again. And we enjoyed going up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Our husbands were very patient and did a great job of letting us just chatter non-stop. I hadn't seen Christine since 2000, when I visited her in Germany and then she came for a visit while I was in Japan. So, it had been almost seven years. It was great fun catching up and meeting each other's husbands for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment