Yes! Our home study finally got approved by WACAP yesterday. I'm glad that I called for the third day in a row. I hadn't heard a thing. And I knew that we and Adoption Alliance had sent the last requested documents the week before. As it turned out, WACAP had a substitute mail delivery person working for them this past week. And the sub accidentally put the envelope of documents from Adoption Alliance in the wrong box at WACAP. After I kept pestering poor Bridget at WACAP she went in search of the missing envelope and that's when she discovered it in another person's box. Since she had everything she needed, she went ahead and approved us. Later in the afternoon Jay got a call from the Family Finder's advocate, Beth Harnett. She told us that she'll be out of the office next week, so she will pass on the message to Andrea Caruthers, the Thailand coordinator, that we need the paperwork to sign to put Penny on hold. Yes, since we've been approved, we'll now get to have Penny put on hold for us. In other words, no one else will be able to try to adopt her now.
Another exciting thing we heard from WACAP is that they found an old video tape that they had taken of Penny back in 2003, when she was eight years old. They changed it into a CD-rom format and sent it off to us. They also found some old photographs of her. So, hopefully those will be arriving soon!

Last weekend we wrote about the fun weekend we spent with my German friend and her husband. This Memorial Day weekend we are cleaning up at home so that we can take pictures of our house for the Thai government. We need to send nine along with all the documents that we've been collectcing and notarizing. Now that our home study is approved we can also send all of these other documents (called the dossier) to Thailand. Then the big wait commences. Lately it's been averging about 4-10 months to hear back from Thailand.

I'll include a photo of our house I took today to show Thailand that we live in a decent home. I hope they agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment