Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gift from Grandma & Gift of Gab

My mom is so thoughtful! She can't wait to be a Grandma again! I think this waiting period is harder on Grandma than anyone. So, Grandma sent her first gift for her granddaughter, Penny. It's an adorable, soft teddy bear. Mom said it's for her to hug when she's afraid, riding back in the airplane. Meanwhile, I've been spending my time learning Thai. Now on some Saturdays I meet with a Thai woman, named Ratree. She needs to practice English and I need to practice Thai. So, we have a language exchange going on. After all, we women enjoy talking, don't we?! So, I hope that I'll be able to gab with my daughter as soon as possible! The crazy video clip is of me trying to help Ratree pronounce English. I'm discovering that it's hard for Thai people to pronounce their consonants, especially at the end of the words. Quite different than Japanese. Unfortunately, I didn't learn Thai, first. But, I'm sure there's a reason for everything.

No comments: