Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Penny's Neighborhood & Preschool Humor


Yesterday I went around taking pictures with the digital camera for the purpose of preparing our daughter for her new environment. When we are told that we are officially matched we'll be able to finally contact Penny and send her a photo album with photos of us, our home, her school, church, etc. So, here's some pictures from our neighborhood. I hope Penny will feel welcomed into her new community. We are thankful for new neighbors who don't have big fights next door. When we moved into this duplex a year ago we thought it was so quiet. That all changed with new neighbors that arrived in March. Just before they moved the fights had escalated to where we had to call 9-1-1. Not the kind of scene you want your future child to be entering into. So, we are praising the Lord for sending us new neighbors--a dad and his 15 year old son. I joked with our landlady that it was fine so long as he doesn't touch our daughter. When we met them on Sunday as we walked home from church I was relieved to meet a very normal looking, almost shy teenage boy and his kind, smiling dad.

Now, on a silly note, the quote of the day from one our preschoolers when I entered the classroom. "Ms. Chandra, are you an old lady?" I guess he thought that the nice sweater I had dressed up in for picture day was supposed to be my Halloween costume. And, for whatever reason, he thought that my fashion statement was outdated. My reply to him was, "Well, yes, compared to you, I AM OLD!" I gave my Kindergartners a good laugh when I told them the story and then proceeded to act like a granny. Gee, my job can be fun!

No comments: