The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
A Busy Weekend!
We had a very eventful weekend. Jay had to be in Colorado Springs for a conference related with his work. I (Chandra) had my Japanese worship service on Saturday morning. In the afternoon I began shopping for Penny and her friends in the Girls' Home. Here is a picture of all the fun little gifts I picked up.
I also almost completely finished all of my other Christmas shopping, as well. In the evening my friend, Tomoko, and her husband, Ikuya, along with their son, Shoichi, came and picked me up. We all went over to CSU to attend the annual International Festival where we met some more Japanese friends. I think the best part for me was reconnecting with the local Thai community.
My language exchange partner, Ratree, was there, too. I introduced her to my friend, Tomoko. The food was great! Jay made it back from the Springs in time to get in on the last hour of festivities at the festival. Then this morning at Timberline Church I was manning the table for our Orphan Care/Adoption Ministry. We were able to show a Steven Curtis Chapman video during the start of the worship service called, "All I Really Want this Christmas is a Family". Tears were streaming down my face the whole time. It was really exciting to see how many people were interested in finding out more about how they can get involved in foster care, orphan care and adoption. We went through hundreds of pieces of literature. If it provides more kids with loving homes it will all be worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment