Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sleeplessness & Joy


Lately, I've been struggling with insomnia. I have a lot on my mind. It's not only the adoption. The biggie is that I just got offered a new position at my school. The week after Thanksgiving I'll be taking over the lead preschool teacher position. So, my brain is spinning at 100 miles per hour about how I'd like to arrange the furniture, what cool activities we could do, etc., etc.... Then there's news from home about relatives struggling with relationships and great losses for some. I don't know when I may have to pick up and travel to South Dakota for a funeral of an uncle. Then there's the holiday dinner I'm planning on cooking for our parents on both sides. But, then we're wondering if I'll end up meeting my parents at that possible funeral, instead. Hopefully, it won't come right when I'm starting my new position. Oh, my! Too much to think about...thus, the lack of ZZZ's. But, the encouraging thing is that my sense of the heavenly father holding us in in His hands is growing through it all. He knew about all this way before any of it ever happened. He loves all involved, even those people who seem to be acting mean and nasty. How amazing that His love is so far-reaching. Speaking of that far-reaching love, I found the Steven Curtis Chapman music video about adoption called "When Love Takes You In". I haven't, yet, figured out how to put a YouTube video into the body of my blog. So, I'll just copy and paste the URL address here in case you'd like to view it. It's so beautiful and quite a tear-jerker. I've not been able to view it once with dry eyes. I just ordered the album with that song on Amazon. I also ordered Sherri Eldrige's "Forever Fingerprints: An Amazing Discovery The cool thing is that they were virtually free to me, as I received an Amazon gift card for filling out an E-harmony survey. Again, so thankful for God's providing me such a wonderful man to call my husband through E-harmony. Life is full of blessings! Well, here's a link to the YouTube video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=demRHgul2Zk

No comments: