Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wow, what a week!

So much has happened since my last blog. I've started my new position as lead Preschool teacher at Bright Horizons. I drove over 1,000 miles last Tues./Wed. as I drove up to South Dakota to attend the funeral of my uncle. It was a great testimony to God's faithfulness as his grandson got up and spoke about his grandfather's role in his life. He said that his grandpa never stopped praying for him and telling him that needed to have faith in Jesus. Even though this grandson rebelled and even got into drugs, his grandpa and God never gave up. That grandson and several other kids and grandkids have all finally returned to God's family. In fact, the grandson is now an evangelist in an Assemblies of God church in Lincoln, Nebraska. I met my parents at the funeral and they drove out to Colorado, too. So, we convoyed back together. The next day I got up early as I cooked the Thanksgiving meal for us, my parents and Jay's parents. I'm so thankful for in-laws that get along. On Friday my parents helped me totally rearrange the furniture in my new preschool room. We also cleaned thoroughly and they helped me make a blackboard on the back of our toy kitchenette. The next day we went shopping and I found some cool dress-up clothes at Goodwill. I went back there on Sunday and ended up also getting a cool trunk for our dress-up clothes. Yesterday was the first day for the kids to see our transformed room and have me as the head teacher vs. their movement teacher. All went well, especially since I had put out lots of new toys. However, today my cold that had been getting better after 10 days started getting worse, again. Not a sore throat again! Ah, the joy of being a preschool teacher. I hope that I'll be healthy to go pick up our beautiful daughter. Speaking of whom, the most exciting news is that I sent off our first Christmas package to her. This is the one in which we were able to include a card and letter introducing ourselves. It's supposed to arrive within six to ten days. I'm not sure when the orphanage worker will be able to translate our letter. But, hopefully, by Christmas she'll know about the ones who keep dreaming of her and praying will come home to us soon!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry to her about your uncle... loved South Dakota... I was there for my honeymoon... I loved it...