We were told that Penny did receive our package. Unfortunately, the orphanage director could not tell our adoption coordinator what her reaction was, as she wasn't there. So, we hope to hear via a social worker to the director to our adoption coordinator. Kind of like the game "telephone". We just hope that no one changes the message somewhere down the line. I'm really curious now as to whether or not the social worker translated our letter, introducing ourselves for the first time to Penny. And did she translate it correctly? What is going on in Penny's mind right now? Ahh..I wish I could've been a mouse in the room at the time. Then again, we don't hope for mice to be present at the orphanage. Rather, I wish I could have been there in person. But, then I'm trying to jump ahead. My, this waiting game isn't easy. It's kind of frustrating to think that friends having biological children could've already had two in the time it's taking us to get our almost teenager.
Now for the other happy news. Right now our new friend from Pennsylvania is getting her own preteen daughter from the same orphanage. Her daughter is just a few months older than Penny. She's going to ask if they can meet with Penny in hopes to connect so that the girls can stay in touch even after they are both adopted and move to the U.S. We hope that the social workers will go along with this. I can't wait to hear about how her day went meeting her daughter for the first time and hopefully meeting ours, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment