Monday, December 17, 2007

Refreshed and Recharged and Resuscitated!


Aaaah! We had a great weekend away with family. We met up with Jay's parents, his sister (Doreen) and brother-in-law (Rick), niece and Rick's mom. We stayed overnight Friday and Saturday nights in Canon City. On Saturday we got to ride the Rio Grande train through the Royal Gorge. This was all a Christmas gift from Jay's parents. Although we drove down in snow on Friday. Saturday turned out to be a nice and sunny day. We were celebrating Jay's parents' 52nd anniversary and Rick & Doreen's 25th. It was also fun to drive through the Garden of the Gods Park in Colorado Springs on our way back.It was really good to get away from school. I actually felt much more re-energized and ready to face the rowdy preschoolers this morning. The excitement of today was when I missed the fish bowl when I was putting Muzzy back after changing his water. He was flopping around helplessly on the carpet. I quickly grabbed him by the tail and threw him back in the water. Unfortunately, a few of the kids weren't napping at the time and saw what happened. But, they all thought it was quite funny. So, when they started getting up while I was away they were laughing about how Chandra made the fish bounce. And they were trying to demonstrate Muzzy's shaking. Ah, kids! I leave you with some pictures from the weekend.

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hey... I was just on that train in August... standing outside - I am sure that it was really nice with the snow around... Even went to Garden of the Gods... I now know... I LOVE COLORADO... lol... we stayed in Georgetown... nice to see your pics...