Just when I thought I could start into a new school year relaxed and taking it day by day, Thailand has political excitement. I often wonder why I can't have a greater dose of faith. When it came to the spiritual gifts, God gave me a mustard-seed size faith. I admire how many people, especially my beautiful wife, can have a great measure of patience and still be able to stay relaxed in the midst of crisis. Even after 8-plus years of teaching, I still like my days planned out and organized in neat little compartments. God has been teaching me over the years how to deal with change "on the fly," but it still isn't my cup of tea. I think I fake it very well. ...if people only knew how hard it is for me!
My first reaction at reading today's news about a state of emergency in Thailand was a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Next, I was continually reminding myself to not fall into an afternoon blah at school and to not let the enemy get a foothold. Days like this often bring me to the brink of tears. However, I have to believe that we are doing the right thing. Sometimes, I think people wonder why we don't just go the USA foster adoption route, because it's supposedly easier and we should be looking out first for those in our own country. How do I convince people that Jesus didn't die for those in a certain political boundary created by men, but He died for everyone, including our precious daughter in Thailand. Everyone deserves a loving family. I'm by no means anti-American, but we need to look beyond our borders and throw our love to those overseas, as well.
1 comment:
We're in the very same boat with the 2 of you and Penny...we're just waiting for the official referral paperwork and travel invitation to arrive so that we can bring our little boy home from Chiang Mai. Isn't it wonderful to rest in the assurance that God is so much greater than all this political unrest???
Post a Comment