Saturday, November 29, 2008

Answered Prayer for getting a WACAP family out of Thailand

I am posting info about a woman and her son who were able to miraculously leave Bangkok, but not without much trouble. Thanks to those of you who prayed for Chris and her son. Here is the story about their "escape"......

By the miraculous grace of God, we have made it to Seoul and are waiting on our next flight out. It took 3 hours by taxi from Bangkok to get to the army airport at Pattaya. Once there, Army guards were everywhere. As we got closer to the terminal, cars, trucks, buses, taxis, etcetera from all over Thailand were lining the road and swarms of people were walking with their luggage to try to get into the airport to get a flight. You had to get in line to even try to get in the one door that they were letting people through and there were literally THOUSANDs of people everywhere trying to get in. It was an absolute madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once in the door, you just had to try to get in another line to get through to the security area. It was so very crowded and HOT beyond imagination and people. There was hardly even room to stand and I had all our baggage and Endoo. I couldn't even begin to make it to the ticketing counter to check in any of our baggage so I had to carry it all. As we got closer to the door to get through to security, Endoo was crying and sweating and I was so very hot and had been without food for about 12 hours AND I began to feel like I was going to pass out. I must have looked horrible because several Iranian poeple around us began to call to each other to clear the way to let us through. One of the men took Endoo from me and began to make his way through the door to the security area and the Korean Air people saw what was going on and got us through the door and gave me a seat and brought us some water and food. They took our passports and went and got us checked in and got us boarding passes (which we should have gotten at the ticket counter, but didn't because we didn't know to go there and couldn't have gotten to it anyway!). Finally, we made it through security and started the wait again in another big boarding area room which was CRAMMED wall to wall with people ! Again, it was very hot and there wasn't even really a place to sit except your luggage. After a few hours, Endoo became very hot again and began to cry. First, a Korean lady held him. Then later, two different Korean men took turns holding him and fannning him. The one finally put him to sleep and then directed the Korean ladies to make him a little pallet on the floor with their coats and jackets. It was so precious! Our flight that was supposed to leave at 10:40P did not finally take off until about 3:30A!!! Thus, we didn't get into Seoul until 10:37A which resulted in us missing our flight to Atlanta. They are putting us on another one which will leave Seoul this evening at 6:05P, get in to Atlanta at 5:35P (due to the time difference), will leave Atlanta at 9:15P and will get in to Columbus at 10:51P.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for posting this. I've wondered what happened to Chris. My e-mail is my work account, so I haven't had access to it since Tuesday. They've been in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you shared her email.

Maci Miller said...

Wow, what an ordeal! Thanks for posting about Chris. We've been wondering how she was doing...many families have. I! Thank God they are on their way home!

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

WOW!!! God bless all of the kind people that help her along the way!!

Ellie said...

Thanks for this update!! We've been praying for them, and thinking about them! I can't imagine being in this situation, and not having my husband with me!! So glad they're home!

Mrs. Mark Arni said...

Hi Jay and Chandra and all their blog readers that have prayed for us!!! We are now safely home and enjoyed our first Sunday morning at church as a WHOLE family. Endoo continues to do well and is a joy to all who meet him. He was completely shocked by the cold air when we finally came out of the airport last night!!! On the way to our house from the airport, he looked at me and asked with a questioning look," America???" I said, "Yes, honey, we are FINALLY in America!"