I can't wait to meet my future daughter. I was just re-reading the description of her personality we received with her "referral" on September 12th. It says, "She is a cheerful and good tempered child who is talkative." (Sounds a lot like me when I was a kid. ) "She is a curious child who usually asks when she wonders." (She'll surely have a lot of wondering to do when she gets here.) "She is an active child who does not have any behavior problems." ( We hope and pray that this won't change.) "She is generous and shares something with her friends." (So proud of her!) "She gets along well with her roommates and classmates." (Perhaps she'll want a sibling in the future?!) "She likes to show off." (Uh-oh! Watch out!) "She is responsible for her duty and public belongings." (Thank you for raising our daughter to be so conscientious!) "She follows rules of the institution and school." (As teachers, we love to hear this.) About her physical development it says: "Generally, she is a healthy girl who does not have any chronic or contagious diseases. She is quite slim. She can help herself in doing daily life activities and eat many kinds of food." (Sounds like she might be a good helper. Can't wait to cook all kinds of food with her!)
I just really smiled this morning when I read this again. She sounds like such a wonderful young lady. I can't wait to meet her and tell her that we think of her constantly. We really miss you, Penny! We pray from the bottom of our hearts that we get to hug you soon!!
2 comments:
Sorry, have i asked this before? I keep wondering how much contact you get to have with her at this point. Do you get to write her letters? Does she get to write you letters? It's just so different than adopting a toddler who doesn't know you exist outside of a photo album... so I wonder. : ) She does sound like a wonderful girl who will make a wonderful daughter! Soon, soon, SOON!!! : )
I know how much you'd love to hear news. The wait is so hard and even though we'll never truly understand the reasons, it becomes a distant memory once your child is home. We continue to pray that the Lord will work wonders for your family and allow you to travel before the holidays!
Thinking of you!!
Post a Comment