Hi everyone! This is Jay and I'm having an interesting time trying to figure out what to pack for our upcoming trip. I'm very excited to get the trip going and I can hardly wait to see our Penny for the first time!!
In the middle of all of this excitement is a strong to temptation to be afraid of what is going on currently in Thailand. I'm thankful all the more for our country and the peaceful freedom of speech that we enjoy. However, I keep wondering about all of the "what ifs." "What if" we have to wait longer in Japan before the airport opens in Thailand? "What if" we aren't back in time for the start of school in January? "What if" we get bumped ahead to a January 7th board meeting date in Thailand, instead of our December 17th date? "What if" I don't get back to school on time to start rehearsals for our Spring Musical?
All of these questions, of course, are musings of a tired music teacher that needs an end to the two-year "gestation" period of waiting for our adopted daughter to come home. I've cried a lot lately and I don't even know why sometimes. Most of all, when this craziness in Thailand is all over and we have our sweet girl home, will she feel a part of the Regan family? I pray that I will somehow be able to show even a microcosm of the love that our Lord has for us, and especially me, when I have natural human doubts and questions about why things are the way they are.
5 comments:
Hopefully the troubles will resolve soon. We will keep you and your precious daughter in our prayers.
"Greater is He who is in me than he who is the world" has been a great encouragement to me during this time. Our prayers are with you guys!
Your feelings are normal. Just know that God will work in your hearts and help with the transition. Just remain faithful and know that he has it all worked out. It is pre-travel jitters. It will all work out!!
Jay, what a sweet and honest post. Hang in there. Hold onto your faith. You and Chandra seem like such loving people. God won't let you down. The Thai are wonderful and peaceful people. This conflict can't last. You are soon going to be with your daughter and the rest will all work out. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. I think a lot of people's will be.
Jen
I'm thinking about and praying for you guys!!! Remember when you're stuck with a case of the "what ifs" that the answer always includes that God will be there and He will carry you through it and take care of you all. Preparing for our travel was such a test of my faith, but God used it to strengthen my faith and I know He can do the same for you guys!
Post a Comment