Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is someone testing us?

It seems like there have been a number of tests and challenges popping up suddenly right after hearing our good news on Friday that we can travel to get our daughter. First of all, the day of our party we discovered wasps pushing their way through a crack of our fireplace insert. Jay managed to kill 14 before covering the crack with tape. Then on Monday morning and this morning we found water in our basement. Now I just went on Yahoo to check my mail and I found a news story about how the Bangkok airport is partially shut down since the political protesters have moved away from the government offices and now expanded their protests to around the airport. So far they are allowing flights to land but not allowing any outgoing flights. I just had an e-mail this morning from another family who has been delayed in leaving Thailand. Finally, they were getting everything straightened out and set to fly out on Wednesday. It seems that a test is being thrown at them, too. Please, please, please, if you believe in the power of prayer will you pray for a resolution to this situation so that the children needing homes will not be prevented from leaving Thailand. And pray that there will not be violence in Thailand. We are scheduled to leave next Wednesday. We just purchased our tickets last night. We have most of our hotel reservations made as well. Praying that we'll still be able to bring Penny home for Christmas. Here is a link to that news story. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081125/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_political_unrest

5 comments:

Glen and Andrea said...

OK we'll pray for you, and we'll be thinking of you too.

Ellie said...

Oh my goodness!!! We'll be praying for you! This brings tears to my eyes! I cannot imagine being "so close" to bringing her home, only to have this happening! God is able to clear your path to bring your Penny home!

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for sharing this story. We knew about the family in Thailand, but I hadn't heard about the flights taking off and landing at the Bangkok airport. That is terrible news. We will pray for your family and theirs during this time!!

rosemary said...

I am scheduled to head fly out for Bangkok on Friday night. At this point in time my company is waiting another 48 hours before making the decision to cancel my trip. I will join you in prayer that all of us travelers can get in and out safely and on time! BIGS HUGS TO PENNY!!

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

I will be praying - believe me when I read hte news on Thailand the first person I though of was you and then some friends in Chiang Mai (but they live there)

Hirally