The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Friday, January 16, 2009
First Night to Sleep By Herself!
Our dear Penny went to bed last night at about 8 p.m. She was rather grumpy when we tucked her in. But, she's been out the whole night. Not a peep from her! It probably helped that we put the futon on the box spring as she wished. Mom, on the other hand, has been up since about 4:30 a.m. That's due to Mexican food causing gastric issues and her husband snoring due to a cold. Someday I'll be able to sleep through the night. Welcome to parenthood! Penny has been wanting to get her ears pierced. So, we might attempt that today. We'll see how it goes. Yesterday morning she was in a very good mood and made a delicious Thai style omelette to share with Mom. Seems that mornings are the best time of the day for her. She is VERY picky about any food at this stage. Hoping that with time and adjustment that she'll be a bit more daring to trying things. I'm guessing it'll take a few months to get there. Meanwhile, I'll need to be creative to figure out how to please all the members of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When I have cooked for our Thai employees visiting America, I find that one of those frozen section "Stir fry" meals is an easy pleaser for both Thai and American appetites. I rev it up by adding some pineapple and green peppers then serve it with a bottle of hot sauce on the table since they tend to prefer everything spicy. She might like that.
It is a hard transition the first few weeks home. She will adjust to the food, schedule, etc. quicker than you realize. Before you know it, they are speaking English and you forget that they once spoke very little and were very nervous about their new life. So glad Penny is doing so well!
So glad she is settling in.
Julie
It is so incredible to have followed your journey and see you finally at home and getting adjusted. Glad to hear Penny is doing so well. You are doing a great job with her!
Post a Comment