The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Prayers of the Righteous
It's good to know that God does listen to prayer. At times we begin to wonder as things have not been answered as we had hoped. But, we're trusting that He's still listening and has a plan. We were very touched that some other brothers and sisters in Christ from Japan prayed for and with us this afternoon. We met in the home of a Japanese woman who lives on the 29th floor of a condo building right on the Pra Chayo River. I think I'm spelling that wrong but I don't remember offhand the correct spelling. What a view it was from the top of her condo building at 32 stories high! It was fun riding on the boat and it was a little cooler. Penny tried swimming for the second time yesterday. That was a good lesson in trust. She is doing quite well. But, sometimes in the morning she starts yelling and moaning like she is afraid of something. At least she's not kicking me in bed or falling out of her bed any more. And we've almost conquered the last of the lice nits. Poor kids have to live with that in the orphanage. Thanks to Terri Firpo for informing me of how to get rid of them. Tomorrow we're planning to take a tour of the Rose Garden and take in a cultural show. Not sure what we'll do on Saturday. I heard there's supposed to be a big market at the end of the Sky Train, so might check it out. Thankfully, it was a little cooler today as it was cloudy. Only lower 80's instead of upper 80's to lower 90's. To think that this is the cool season for Bangkok! At least Udon Thani was a little cooler. However, it was very smoky in the air there as they were burning the rice fields. I never imagined the air would be better in Bangkok. Well, we are doing fine. Just praying that we will get our paperwork all taken care of next week. We are now planning to return on the 10th. Thanks for all of your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, guess what, dear ones??? You're not alone with the lice nits...Faith has come down with a severes case which I think was picked up in Thailand and brought home as a little extra souvenir!!! So, I'll be spending New Year's Day picking the nits out of her very long blond hair while I watch the Rose Bowl Parade. I definitely am hearing hope in your posts! He IS faithful!!! So happy that you were able to spend some encouraging, supportive time with brothers and sisters in Christ.
Hugs from the Arni crew,
Chris
Happy New Year. Praying for a speedy return home for all of you!
Oh I hope it all falls into place for you soon. Thinking of you.
Andrea.
Glad you are finding friends and believers in Christ to spend your time while in Bangkok. So glad you are also finding things to do and see while you wait. This will be a good cultural bonding time while in Thailand. Praying that you get your paperwork completed next week in order to return home on the 10th!
Happy New Year!
We wait and pray with you trusting and hoping!
Dawn Burnett
Post a Comment