I posted last in the morning. Now it's Tuesday night. The person that we met whom I thought was going to be one of Penny's nannies actually turned out to be one of her former elder "sisters" from the orphanage who is now studying at a university. She has been fortunate to find a very kind person, a former boss of hers, who really cares about her and wants her to succeed so he has promised to continue sending her monthly support so that she can stay in school. I guess if the kids do well enough with their grades some of them can go on to get grants to go to higher education. But, they have to somehow pay for all of their living expenses on their own. We are thankful to give Penny an opportunity to study in the U.S. But, presently it's really hard to stay positive when we have to continue paying for everything here in Thailand and our bills back home while being away from work with no pay. It's quite scary. It's hard to keep the faith that God is listening to our prayers right now. I tried calling our CIS officer. She didn't call back, but e-mailed back saying it's a complicated process and she can't give us any idea of when she'll be finished with our case. So, we are left wondering if we need to change our tickets again and somehow figure out what to do about our visas soon expiring. It's hard for Penny as she sees tons of toys she'd love in department stores here and we keep telling her,
"Well, you have many of those kind of stuffed animals waiting for you at home."
4 comments:
Hold onto your faith! You will make it through this. Even though it doesn't seem like it, somehow this is a blessing. Somehow it fits into the God's plan for your family. You will have bonded so much by the time you leave Bangkok. It may have been so hard for her just going home to Colorado. You never know! She has gotten to know and love you on her own turf and maybe that is the miracle you have been given. Hang on. I know it has to be hard. We are already bracing ourselves for what is ahead. Hope to travel in the next few months and just found out we have to re-do our whole home study. I am just thanking God that it happened NOW and we may be able to get it all done before leaving. And who knows? Maybe THAT is the message. That your family has been the one to go through this so that other families will not have to in the future. I am so sorry that you have had to endure so much though. I really wish it was us cause we can stay longer if we have to. Let me know what I can do to help?
So sorry you're still there with no answers. Praying for more pennies from heaven for you.
My fingers are crossed for you ones to get home soon.
So sorry to hear that you are still waiting for news. I can only imagine your exhaustion and worry. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God allows you to complete your paperwork and return before your visas expire. I know how ready you are to return home to your house, families, and jobs. God will provide. We don't always know his reasons, but he has a plan!!
Much love coming your way.
Post a Comment