March 23rd begins the final push for me at Liberty Common School. After almost seven years there, this fourth quarter will seem very odd. I've not had the greatest of countenance and excitement for the next few months ahead. However, I'm reminded by looking through some old pictures from Rocky Mountain National Park that God provides even for the birds of the air.
I suppose men in general tend to view their worth through their jobs. I've never wanted to go that direction, however, now that I have a family to encourage and provide for, it isn't easy to stand back and let the Lord work in His timing. I have a Spring Musical at school to direct in less than four weeks, as well as two more concerts in the remaining nine weeks of this school year. As I try to wrap my mind around all of this, I keep wondering if this is an opportunity to do something different in my career direction. I've taught for nine years and through most of that time my solo performing aspirations and gifts have taken a back seat to everything else. It would be a neat thing, indeed, if I could somehow travel around to different schools and give mini-seminars in vocal technique to kids, mixed in with some God-given Jay-silliness (a recent dream that has been rolling around in my noggin!).
Thank you for all of your kind encouraging responses to our recent posts. Please lift our family up in prayer for endurance, and specifically motivation for me. Supposedly, various ministry tests over the years have shown strong Discernment and Wisdom gifts for me. I pray that the Lord will use those gifts mightily in the coming months to show me the next step in this difficult time.
Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment