Poor Penny is probably sick and tired of going to doctors. We took her to the dentist on Monday and found out that she has four cavities in two teeth, so she'll get two fillings. Then on Tuesday we took her to an eye doctor where they said she'll need glasses. On Wednesday I took her to the regular doctor who prescribed her some antibiotics for a nasty boil she developed this week. This morning we get to go back to the doctor to have it lanced/drained. She'll also get some follow-up immunizations after the shots that she received in Bangkok. But, even though she's been having so many trips to doctors she hasn't been complaining. In fact, she's been more happy and affectionate than ever. I think the fact that she has parents to dote over her and make sure she is well is a wonderful new experience for her. And she was pretty excited that she got off from school early on Thursday and then had all of Friday off due to snow. Yesterday she had fun building a snowman with the neighborhood girl. I wish I could post a picture of the two of them with their snowman. But, we have to wait until the adoption is finalized before we can post any photos. So, I'll just include a photo of the snow people, instead.
The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Drs. and more doctors
Poor Penny is probably sick and tired of going to doctors. We took her to the dentist on Monday and found out that she has four cavities in two teeth, so she'll get two fillings. Then on Tuesday we took her to an eye doctor where they said she'll need glasses. On Wednesday I took her to the regular doctor who prescribed her some antibiotics for a nasty boil she developed this week. This morning we get to go back to the doctor to have it lanced/drained. She'll also get some follow-up immunizations after the shots that she received in Bangkok. But, even though she's been having so many trips to doctors she hasn't been complaining. In fact, she's been more happy and affectionate than ever. I think the fact that she has parents to dote over her and make sure she is well is a wonderful new experience for her. And she was pretty excited that she got off from school early on Thursday and then had all of Friday off due to snow. Yesterday she had fun building a snowman with the neighborhood girl. I wish I could post a picture of the two of them with their snowman. But, we have to wait until the adoption is finalized before we can post any photos. So, I'll just include a photo of the snow people, instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sure wish you could post a pic of her, too! I'm dying to see this girl we've heard so much about! Glad to hear things are going well! I remember well, the days of all those first check-ups!
Post a Comment