Then we took a free tour of the Olympic Training Center, which was a first for Penny.
The main reason we went to Pueblo was for a conference for Voice of the Martyrs. They do a ministry to the persecuted church. There were moving stories of believers in Jesus who have to face terrible troubles for their faith, but remain true to the end. In the midst of that, they are discovering more people desiring to come to Christ, as people hear of the forgiveness and love of those believers whom they have been persecuting. No photos here to protect the identities of those who live in danger for their very lives. Let's just say it was a very moving experience. We are more aware, now, of our need to pray for our brothers and sisters around the world.
Speaking of people from around the world, we've had the privilege of hosting some friends from abroad, lately. There was a missionary couple from a country that we won't name, again, for their protection. But, we had a great time visiting with them. Penny especially enjoyed chatting with them, as they often visit Thailand and can speak some Thai.
We also had the privilege of hosting some friends from Germany for just a one-day visit. We had fun roasting marshmallows, to make smores, taking a walk to the nature center at Majestic View Park and eating at the exciting restaurant, Casa Bonita, where you can watch divers diving into a pool next to a water fall. I don't have many photos, but here are just a couple.
We've been managing, around all of the fun, to still get some of our summer homeschooling done, besides daily living. Here are a few photos of our daily life…
Penny giving Jenny a Bath
Studying…
And every teenager's (and cat's) favorite thing, EATING…
The kitty was very interested in Penny's food, here, because she could smell her seaweed. Yes, that is a common staple in our household.
And, speaking of our household, I've been inspired by others' blogs to clean up not only our homeschool room, but other rooms in our basement, which are all a work-in-progress. Well, I got an opportunity to work some more on the laundry/utility room, which I had started to spruce up several months ago. The perfect opportunity came along, since our washer died on a week ago from Saturday. I thought, "This is my chance to finally clean up all of the spiderwebs behind the washer and do some painting!" So, every morning for the last several days, I've been working at sprucing up that neglected area. I'm really hoping that we'll get our new washer by this Tuesday. But, meanwhile, here are a few photos of the work I've been doing.
And, yes, this is the same washer that my dad had repaired just two months ago. Sadly, the motor finally gave it up completely, right when Jay had started to do a load of whites. So, meanwhile, we got to go to the laundromat, which was a great chance to work on Algebra together. I've also been cleaning, organizing, hanging photos and rearranging furniture in the half-finished family room downstairs. I still have to tackle the "wheat walls" from the 1970's and one corner that still has the wood panelling. But, at least I'm halfway there and it's starting to look more like our own home, vs. a dark storage cave.











1 comment:
So glad you still blog tell every hello!
Post a Comment