![]() |
| Overstuffed bookshelves from homeschooling days |
To this empty space...
![]() | ||
| Future art studio? |
The reason the shelves were gone was because I moved one to my daughter's room, in hopes of helping her get organized with her college school work.
![]() |
| Penny's shelf for college books/papers |
Here's what it looked like before...
| The little shelf with the green cloth is gone. |
Instead, the small bookshelf got moved to my side of the bedroom for my magazines.
Back in the living room, the shelf from downstairs was put in the back corner and now houses some of Jay's music, some knick-knacks and memorabilia, and some nice National Geographic or Reader's Digest photo books, and a basket with Blu-Ray disks. Penny's violin now sits upright between this shelf and the piano.
And in the place of the small, over-stuffed shelf I've placed the rack of t.v. trays.
Jenny says she approves of the new changes.
There were other changes in the living room, as well. Here's what the northeast corner looked like with an end table full of our favorite photo books and then a small shelf for videos
that was overflowing with too many videos.
![]() |
| Before |
But, after sorting through our many books and emptying, yet, another shelf that was formerly in the homeschool room.....
![]() |
| Bookshelf from former homeschool days |
It is now re-purposed in the living room to hold some books and our favorite travel DVD's
and a box of my favorite CD's.
![]() |
| New look in living room |
All of the music videos found a new home, too, since I had moved much of Jay's music from a drawer to the new, larger bookshelf. So, now the music CD's are inside this drawer.
It's the top, right drawer of this dresser that I've painted a few times. It's one of my thrift store finds which we've used to house Jay's sheet music and train videos. Below is an older photo, so the t.v. trays were in a different spot.
As far as the end table goes, it got moved to the guest bedroom downstairs and now holds the only children's books that I decided to keep, those that truly spark joy!
So, after following Kondo's instructions, (well, mostly), I went from this chaos...
To this bliss...
So, again, my mind is playing with the idea of someday turning this into my art studio. So, for now I've just placed my art easels and other art-related stuff in the empty corner.
Any great ideas of how I could transform this room?
Going through this second category has definitely inspired me along my journey to becoming more tidy. The next category doesn't sound as exciting. It's papers. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time in this study. I really ought to go through our filing cabinet. Yikes! But, I think I'd rather finish my family room painting project first. Can you tell I'm finally over my two-week long bout of a nasty virus? Starting to dream of what I should tackle next. Any votes?















No comments:
Post a Comment