Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never think for a single minute
You didn't grow under my heart -
But in it!
This is a very touching poem that a newfound friend on the web shared with me. I met Rain Rice this past week on that Yahoo group site that I mentioned I had found on the internet. There are 34 members in the group. And all of the members have adopted older children from Thailand. Now, get a load of this! I was looking at the members' profiles and discovered that one of the members I had been e-mailing with this past week is from Colorado. She and her husband adopted a 16 year old girl from Thailand. So, I e-mailed her and asked her where in Colorado she lives. I mentioned that even if it's far we'd like to possibly meet someday. So, I told her we're in Fort Collins. She wrote back saying, "NO WAY!!!!!!!!" She went on to tell me that they live between Loveland and Greeley! (About 20 miles from our house, I'd guess.) Not only that, but she's a Christian! AND she works for a Christian photograher here in Fort Collins, which I "just happened" to notice again on my way home from Walmart this past week. And this time when I saw the sign, "Agape Photography", I thought to myself, "Since 'agape' is the Greek word for God's love in the bible, the owner must be a Christian. Perhaps I should check out this photographer in the future for a family portrait once Penny comes home." Little did I know that one of the Yahoo group members I had been e-mailing with all week works for this man. This is almost getting eerie! But, no! Of course, God likes doing these little mysterious things for His children. Well, I can't wait to meet my newfound friend who lives closeby and has an adopted 16 yr. old Thai daughter. I'm sure Penny will be excited about that, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment