Hi everyone,
Well, since I've lost my voice today and I'm trying to recover after stressing my vocal cords for my Liberty Common School students today, I thought this would be a good time to add to the blog. In seven years of teaching I think this is the first time that I've actually lost my voice. Chandra and I have been very sick off and on for the past few weeks. I feel like I keep running through a gauntlet of new viruses, bacteria, and miscellaneous aches and pains each day; I don't know how much more of this that I can stand. Five straight days of heavy, hacking coughs is more than enough for me. Chandra has been coughing so hard lately that it sounds like she is choking. My protective nature makes me scared every time that I hear it.
Thankfully, I have Spring Break next week. I'm hoping to recover somewhat. It seems that we're meant to experience several trials during this adoption adventure pursuit. I'm hoping that my health doesn't take a nosedive with all of the obligations at school, as well as the hurdles that we must keep jumping on our way to Thailand. Chandra has a birthday tomorrow, the 9th, and I want to take her to a nice Thai restaurant in Fort Collins. I pray that we will both be healthy enough to do so. Well, it's time to head off to give a piano lesson and later a voice lesson. My voice student will do all of the singing today! :)
Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment