Saturday, March 24, 2007

Stories



When we were children we loved to listen to stories. I think as adults we also love stories. Today I get to tell the story of how God has been leading us to try to adopt a waiting girl in an orphanage in Thailand. I'll be speaking at the little Japanese church that meets here in Fort Collins. Someday I look forward to telling our daughter the story of how she came to our family. That's why I'm creating a Life Book now before she arrives home. Since all you can buy in the stores are Baby Books and our daughter won't have a lot of pictures and stories about her physical birth I decided to create her own, unique Life Book on our computer.

Speaking of stories, I have a happy story to tell. We had a good response since last week with recipes coming in for our fundraiser cookbook. Last weekend we had 60 recipes. By this weekend we're up to 87 recipes! Thanks, everyone! Keep them coming in. We're hoping to have at least 100 or more by May 1st.

The latest news on the adoption story is that Marcia, at Adoption Alliance, said that other families who turned in their request to have their background check done by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation back in Januaray have started getting those clearanances back. So, hopefully we'll get a call next week. Also, our last letter of reference should be arriving at their office this next week. And, hopefully, by that time, I'll be completely over this virus that is still hanging on after more than 3 weeks.

Well, I'll leave you with a few more pictures of Udon Thani, as we hope to be reporting from there sometime in the next year. Preferably, we'd rather not travel there at this time of the year, since it's the hottest time of the year. If you check out the weather link, (lower right column), you'll see that the temperatures now are usually in the 90's to 100's.

No comments: