Saturday, March 31, 2007

Waiting...



Every adoptive parent knows this word all too well. And now is our chance to experience it, firsthand. We worked so hard to collect all the documents we needed for our home study, got our physicals, got our two sets of fingerprints done, attended classes, had visits with a social worker, and now are WAITING! We are waiting on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). We had been told they were taking about 10 weeks to process background checks. On Friday I called Adoption Alliance since it had been over 11 weeks. We were told that more recently it's been taking about 3 months. So, Becky, (Jay's cousin), said that if we don't hear anything we could call again next Friday. That would be Good Friday. We are really hoping that it will be a Good Friday! Once that comes through we can finally move forward to the next stage of officially entering the Thailand program through W.A.C.A.P.

This week I've been thinking a lot about waiting. I thought about it as I walked by a robin perched in an apple tree, which had buds just waiting to burst open in blossom. I wondered if that could be a good metaphor for Penny's life. The robin looked shy and scared as I walked by. But, he didn't fly away even though I was close. He was hiding amongst the buds, just about ready to open up. I wonder if she will feel timid and fearful when she first joins our family. But, soon she'll find herself surrounded by newly blossoming beauty all around her. I hope her new life in America will be full of new life and promise. Especially I pray that she will discover the eternal life of Jesus welling up in her heart.

I've also been thinking about waiting since I've been waiting so long to get well. I've had what seems to be a case of acute bronchitis ever since Mar. 1st. I can never remember being sick this long. I'm now taking countless vitamins and herbs and my second round of antibiotics. Perhaps this is the season in our lives where God wants to teach us more patience in trials and waiting on Him.

No comments: