The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Respite Care for Adoptive Families
This Saturday I'm going to take a free course to help train me how to be a potential respite care provider for adoptive families who need a little break for caring for their adopted kids. It's a great resource for families here in northern Colorado to help prevent burnout for families who give so much of themselves for their kids. Not only could it help others, I thought it'd be a good way to help prepare me for the possible challenges that could be part of raising an adopted child. It's hard to guess how kids will react. It sounds like some have more serious issues than others. But, what parent couldn't desire a little help and support by being given a chance to recharge. I hope it'll also help me to care for adopted kids in my care at the preschool as well. What's cool is that my boss is letting me count the course as credits towards my required training hours. It'll be quite a chunk of time as the course lasts from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. But, breakfast and lunch is provided. So, I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great idea. Hope it goes well.
Julie
Hi there! What a great thing to train for! I'm sure there will be families who will appreciate the help so much. And I think it's great that you're adopting a teenager!
That is such a great idea. I too think it is great that you are adopting a teenager. They need parents just as much as a baby does!
I am anxiously waiting with you for a travel date. That would be so great if we were there at the same time.
Post a Comment