Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Bountiful Harvest







Wish Penny could be here to enjoy our bountiful Fall harvest. Although many of my veggies suffered from our hailstorm, like the corn and the cucumbers, there are still many that thrived. We've picked between 4-10 zuchinni almost on a daily basis until our recent cooling trend. I had just enough cukes to make my favorite Grandma Lindwurm's sweet pickle recipe. We had several eggplants, a few ears of corn. The peas finished earlier. We picked one watermelon too early and four other tiny ones. We have dozens of carrots and ten pumpkins. You'll also notice plenty of vine weed growing amongst the pumpkin patch.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

How fun. Penny will love learning about how to grow a garden and see the fruit of your/her labor next year. I think gardens are a wonderful way for kids to learn!

Melissa Ens said...

How amazing it's going to be for her to get to be a part of the planting, watching, watering, (weeding!) and harvesting process! I wonder what she watches growing there in Thailand...