Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I-600A and I-171H

I don't know about you but I have a hard time remembering what all of the different documents with the random letters and numbers mean. After all, it's been so long since we filled out all the paper work for them. But, we did find out that our I-171H is scheduled to expire on December 20th. That needs to be up-to-date in order to be able to file the I-600 A while we are in Thailand. We also found out that Washington D.C. has been slow at forwarding the I-600 A approvals to the embassy in Bangkok. Another couple adopting just before us said they had to e-mail the US Embassy in Bangkok three times before they finally got a response back that they did not have their latest finger prints, which is necessary for the I-600 A approval even though they got their fingerprints done in March and it shows they were sent to CIS (Homeland Security) in September. So, now we're starting to e-mail our Colorado agency as well as our placement agency and the embassy to try and make sure that we have all of the necessary paperwork in Bangkok by the time we travel there. If we don't, then we'll be stuck there until it all arrives. So, we'll need a very flexible ticket just in case the worst case scenario happens. Let's all hope and pray that all of the slow government agents get a move-on things.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Just reading this blog about all the different documents needed almost makes me break out in hives! I am so afraid we will forget to file something. Sounds like you have it all under control though. :-)

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you are able to get your paperwork in order for travels. It can all be so confusing and burdensome, but oh so worth it!!

Hoping to see news soon on your end for travels in the near future!