Monday, December 01, 2008

The bags are all packed and we're going nowhere!

Well, we did decide to cancel our reservations. Not an easy choice to make as our hearts are already flying overseas. But our heads told our hearts that we better listen to wise advise. Isn't it ironic that our church's theme for their Wed. night bible study series this month is called, "Life Interrupted"? On Sunday morning as I sat at the table trying to down some oatmeal a thought occurred to me. The Lord brought to my mind the message that was imprinted on the necklace that I sent Penny for her birthday back in June. It said, "Expect a Miracle". Never knew at that time how much we'd all need to be reminded of that. And then we went to church and it was a wonderful service with the songs and sermon and lighting of the first Advent candle, all with a message of HOPE. So, we are hanging on to hope that we will meet our daughter. It's just not going to happen in the timing that we had hoped for. But I'm reminded of the bible verse that says, "Man makes his plans, but the Lord directs his steps." So, it'll be interesting to see how He directs and leads through all of this.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry about the delay. But, you're right, there is a master plan and you and Penny are definitely part of it. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Carey and Norman said...

I think you've made a wise decision. I think you have to wait with all that is going on in Thailand and the BKK airport. It definitely would add more stress to your trip. God will work it out and will bless you for being faithful!!

My heart goes out to you as I know how much you wanted to be with Penny at Christmas.