Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sorry so little correspondence!

I'm sure you're all wondering why you haven't heard from us. We've been having a hard time to get to the internet cafe. Yesterday we spent most of the day holed up in our guest house as we were hoping to get a call from USCIS to set up an interview. It felt like a whole day wasted. We're getting nervous as our I-171-H is scheduled to expire on Saturday. So, we called our adoption coordinator for our Colorado Home Study and she said she finally got the State clearances and was going to run around and hand deliver things and ask the CIS agent in Colorado to expedite things in our case. Meanwhile, my mother in South Dakota contacted Senator Thune's office. She actually did the flowers for Seantor Thune's lawyer and so got through to them. They have put one woman in charge of contacting people in the US CIS and Embassy here in Bangkok asking them to speed up our case, given our situation with the possible expiration. Talk about living on the edge. I think God likes to come through with last minute surprises. We've noticed that ever since our DSDW board meeting was over on Wednesday that Penny seems more and more relaxed around us. I think she was feeling nervous about that meeting. We are so pleased with how happy she seems and how well she is bonding. Last night she crawled up into bed with me. She totally soaks in all of the cuddling that she's missed out on over all the years. She is still very much a little girl at heart. We love her so much!

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Praying for your updated documents to be handled quickly and for continued bonding time with Penny in Thailand. I agree that our children are younger than their age at adoption as they miss out on so many of the little things we take for granted. So glad you are having time to spend together in Thailand before coming home.

Maci Miller said...

That is so beautiful about her snuggling up with you and bonding well! Even during the stress of paperwork and delays, I bet nothing on earth could take away from those special moments! Hang in there. We are all praying for your safe (and soon) return.

Have a wonderful, simple, I'm sure unusual, but very special Christmas with your daughter!