Hi everyone, I bet you thought I was going to sing and say "I'll be home for Christmas." Well, unfortunately not. We are going to be in Penny's homeland for Christmas. We had some very downer kind of news yesterday in that suddenly the USCIS office in Bangkok said that the documents that were presented to us by the Thai DSDW as being certified evidence of her birth weren't sufficient. Because of that, we are stuck in Bangkok until at least December 31st. With the Christmas four-day holiday weekend we can't do anything until next Monday. We did get some good news this afternoon in that the Visa 37 Cable that was sent last Friday from the US was finally received. Also, we received a clarification document today as evidence towards why Penny doesn't have a birth certificate. We are hoping that this will be sufficient evidence and that we can fly home on December 31st. Unfortunately, the government offices will be taking a five-day weekend over New Year's and if we don't get Penny's Visa by December 30th, we won't be home until at the earliest, January 6th.
With the way things have been going here with our US Government processing, it is a very likely chance that I won't be back in time for the start of the second semester at Liberty Common School. With the stress of this, and a stomach bug that I caught and Chandra has caught, we have both been very weary, with me in the worst shape. I don't handle delays well and I've been experiencing some very difficult emotions over the past two days. However, in a book that I read three days ago, I discovered the Serenity Prayer, quite unexpectedly: "God Grant Me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference." I pray that will keep us smiling over the weekend. Penny shed some tears yesterday, as well, when it sunk in that she wouldn't be in Colorado for Christmas. However, she is doing better today and enjoyed playing with some kids from Holland at our hotel. Thank you for your prayers. We hope to be home before 2009!
Jay
4 comments:
Bless your hearts! I remember the feeling I had when I got the final word that Drew and I would NOT be home for Thanksgiving. We had already missed my birthday 2 days before and now we were missing Thanksgiving which happens to be my favorite holiday. However, the Lord used us on that day to minister to a work team that was also stuck in Bangkok. Only time will reveal the ways in which the Lord will choose to work in and through you during these next several days. We will be praying for restored health. When our bodies don't feel well, it is so much easier for discouragement to set in. When you get to feeling better, I would highly recommend a visit to Lumphini Park. It is beautiful, relaxing and just plain fun! Plus, it 's FREE unless you decide to buy a bag of bread scraps to feed the fish and pigeons (10 Baht) or rent a paddle boat (40 Baht for 30 minutes). Are you going to stay at the hotel where you are now or try to go back to BCGH? Love and prayer support from all the Arni crew!
Jay and Chandra,
My heart goes out to you as I know how stressful your time must be in Thailand. The unexpected is always hard especially when experiencing this in the middle of an adoption and Christmas. Just remember that you are a family now and together for Christmas. This is such a special gift and one that you will cherish forever.
I'm thankful that God has finally united you with Penny and that you can all be together for Christmas. I have had to celebrate Christmas in January and I promise that it is just as special!! Remember that Jesus is in our hearts no matter when/where we celebrate his birth!!
Much Love coming to you!!
I've been thinking of you guys and I"m so sorry for all the delays. It seems like our government is making things harder for so many families. I'd like to know why....it's heartbreaking.
I'm sorry you will not be home for Christmas - But try to treasure the memories in Thailand. Before you know it you'll be home and a trip back to Thailand will not be in the near future. It's hard - I remember being sick too.
big hugs from all of us!
Hope you enjoyed your first Christmas as a family and you are all able to trvael back home soon
Julie
Post a Comment