Sunday, December 28, 2008

Getting Settled Back in at the BCGH

Well, we are settling back in at the Bangkok Christian Guest House near the Sala Daeng station of the Sky Train in downtown Bangkok. Today even Penny seemed a little relieved to be back in a familiar setting. Although she missed the larger room that we had gotten used to at the Hotel Novetel. She told me in Thai and I understood her when she said, "Horng mai!" (No room!) But, I told her that it's okay because soon we'll go to America where we'll have plenty of room. Last night we went to see Madagascar 2. It was entirely in Thai with no English subtitles. She loved it! And after that she was the silliest we've even seen her. Boy, does this girl have a personality! She is absolutely hilarious. She was making us all laugh so hard. And she's even warming up gradually to Jay. In fact, today when getting off the escalator she was behind Jay and actually elected to reach out and grab his shoulders. So, I'd say we're definitely seeing some progress. Today she had another bonding experience with Chandra, as she got to ride on Mom's lap in the taxi, since we had to share the taxi back seat with our luggage. Dramamine has come in helpful with the long car rides through the crazy stop and go traffic of Bangkok. We're thankful that everything is cheaper at the BCGH. They don't have the pool, but do have other nice conveniences like free cold drinking water. We certainly take that for granted in the States. This morning we enjoyed a Christian worship service where Penny could sit with our Thai speaking missionary friends. Later we saw them again at the BCGH. I think Penny is feeling more relaxed as she's been able to get to know our brothers and sisters in Christ and seen them now in several settings. We also saw a sister in Christ from the hotel who is an Indonesian Dutch lady. It was so nice to listen to her praying to Jesus in Dutch. At the internet cafes Penny loves playing free games that I found for her. The site is called thaifreegame.com Some of the games are not as child-friendly as others. She loves playing all kinds of games and never gives up. She is such a happy, fun-loving, friendly, outgoing child. We are certainly blessed beyond measure. Can't wait for her to meet her grandparents and other friends in the States.

4 comments:

TracyMcGal said...

Hi Chandra,
I am praying for ya'll today. Hope your next post is from the airport, coming home!!!

Mrs. Mark Arni said...

I am so glad that you are safely back at BCGH! I understand about the issue of the small rooms and the lack of a pool, but the other perks far outweigh the disadvantages, in my opinion. Don't forget that there is a pool next door at the Swiss Hotel. It is a small fee to use it, but they let us come and go as we pleased which was nice. We will certainly be praying tomorrow as you return to the USCIS office and then, hopefully and prayerfully, move on over to the Embassy. I will be heading out to Cincinnati this afternoon...our foster baby has her big brain surgery tomorrow. However, I'll be able to check e-mails from the hospital and I will have the cell phone on. With love from the Arnis!

Ellie said...

She sounds a lot like our Jacob! He loves movies, laughs harder and louder than anybody in the theater! He loves being silly, too! Glad to hear you're enjoying your time with each other! Praying you'll be home VERY soon!!
Hugs!

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are back safe at the BCGH. I know all the moving is hard on Penny, but at least it keeps you busy and her somewhat entertained.

Praying that your visit to the Embassy this week goes well and you are able to fly home on the 31st.

Love that Penny is reaching out for Jay too. That is a great sign of bonding!!

Merry Christmas!