It is time to pray for some Mountain-Moving!
Well, it figures that something had to go wrong. We found out late this afternoon, Friday, that our original I-171H, the document that states by the federal government that we are fit to adopt, is useless! Apparently, since we moved back in February to a new house, our original document needed to be completely amended and not just have an addendum attached. We, therefore, are at the mercy of something called a Visa 37 Cable to arrive from the Denver office of the USCIS showing our renewed I-171H to arrive at the Bangkok office sometime very soon. Thankfully, we happened to start the process of renewing our I-171H about two months ago, since we knew that the first one would expire on December 20th. However, we will now not be home until the earliest on December 25th, but most likely on December 26th. I found out that not only is the office in Bangkok closed on Thursday for Christmas, but it is also closed on Friday, December 26th. So, if we can't get our visa by the 24th for Penny, we will be staying through another weekend and won't be back until at the earliest Monday, December 29th.
Please pray for us. My emotions finally caught up with me today and the tears flowed. Thankfully, Penny is growing closer to us each day. We crossed a major hurdle with her on Wednesday after the DSDW interview. She seemed very quiet and nervous before that, but since then she has been perkier and happier. She is showing more affection towards me, even though that process has been slow. The Thai way isn't to show affection to the opposite sex parent as much. She has been glued to Chandra. However, we are seeing much improvement with her relationship to me. She likes to play card games with me and she still sees me as a protector.
We've been invited to a Christmas party by some missionary friends of Chandra that live in Bangkok. That should hopefully take our mind off of things. Please pray mightily that our Visa 37 cable will be sent by the Denver office on Friday so that it will arrive in time for Monday morning in Bangkok.
Jay
8 comments:
I am praying for your speedy, safe return! Also praying that God strengthens your bond with your precious Penny each day! God Bless!
Oh goodness! Praying for few frustrations and a speedy journey home. If you end up staying the few extra days, how cool is it that Penny's last Christmas in Thailand will be with you!
Well, I have to say that I am not surprised by this turn of events. If it is any encouragement, our local USCIS office did get our new Visa 37 Cable out immeditely when notified of our situation last month. You happen to be running into the same timing that we did...Christmas on Thursday (in our case it was Thanksgiving) and then the 4th Friday of the month automatic closure of US governent offices. We will be praying that the Visa 37 Cable does arrive on Monday morning as hoped so that you can move through the rest of the process quickly. Love to each of you! Chris for all the Arni crew
Oh my... God does like to test and stretch our faith, doesn't He!!! Remember you can do all things through Christ and His timing is perfect. He knows why and when you need to get home and must have a reason. But I will be praying for you to endure in His strength and peace!
So sorry to hear of your troubles in Thailand. I know it adds much stress as you are trying to bond with Penny. It sounds like she is doing very well all things considering.
Jay...one thing I was going to mention that is in some orphanages, children are not exposed to men. Their limited contact with men keeps them hesitant at first. This will actually be a blessing once home as you will want Penny to be more hesitant with men. Penny's hesitation will work in your favor as our daughter didn't know a stranger and we had to work with indifferent attachment (going to any stranger for love/affection). I know it is hard, but I promise that once settled at home things will quickly change.
Thinking of you and praying for your visa to be delivered by Monday, so you can return home.
sending prayers for your family of three!! as frustrating as it is, use all of this alone time to keep building that bond...so many changes for little Penny is good for you to have this time as three!!
We had a minor hiccup with USCIS too when we were in Thailand. It is such an emotional roller coaster! I have been praying for you guys and will continue. Melissa is right, God is in control. I know that you three will make the best of the situation. Blessings to you!
Hope things are resolved quickly and you are able to get home soon.
Jule
Post a Comment