Sunday, December 07, 2008

Jay and Chandra Update from Tokyo!

Konnichiwa!

Hello everyone, from Tokyo! Chandra and I arrived safely on Friday evening, but in the worst landing I've ever been in; during an unusual December Japan thunderstorm! We saw Mt. Fuji today in crystal clear skies, along with beautiful Lake Ashinoko. We will be leaving at 7PM local time on Monday night for Bangkok. We arrive at 12:30AM on Tuesday morning. After a mostly sleepless night, we will leave the domestic airport in Bangkok around 9:30 on Tuesday morning for northern Thailand. I will try to update you again from Thailand in the next few days. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. Take care!

Jay

5 comments:

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Mark Arni said...

Hi Jay and Chandra! I am so happy to know that you reached Japan safely!!! We will be praying that your time with your friends in Japan is restful and encouraging. A funny for you...Endu thinks that when we sing "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and we get to the part which says "...Rejoice! Rejoice!" that we are sayng his sister's name so he sings with gusto "Rachel! Rachel!" The joys of learning a new language!!! Love,
Chris for all the Arnis

Melissa Ens said...

Thanks for the itinerary! Yay, yay, yay!!! I bet you can hardly stand the anticipation... : ) Does it even feel real??? I'm so excited for you!

Carey and Norman said...

How amazing to see Mt. Fuji. I cannot imagine. I cannot wait to see an update once you are in Thailand. Safe travels and many blessings.

Julie said...

Glad you are there safely. Hope the next leg of your journey goes well with a better landing this time.
Julie