The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
We are in awe!
Words can't describe the amazing experience we had in meeting our daughter for the first time today. We were both rather nervous, wondering how it would go, not knowing quite what to expect. But, as we drove up on the grounds, suddenly Jay shouted out, "There she is!" I turned and looked over my shoulder and sure enough, there she was jumping up and down in joy to see her Dad and Mom. She immediately came over and gave me a big hug and then over to Jay's side to do the same. She was not shy nor scared at all. They said she's been so excited that the night before she didn't want to eat dinner. This morning she (and her mama) were so excited that we both woke up around 5 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. When we saw her she was wearing the necklace that we sent her for her birthday back in June, which says, "Expect a miracle!" We certainly feel like we have a miracle child. She is way beyond what we ever could have dreamed of having in a daughter. She is loving, kind, affectionate, caring and thoughtful. There will certainly be challenges as her English and our Thai is extremely limited, but she seems so eager to try. We're getting better at attempting to babble in Thai, as well. She had been saying for some time that she really wanted to attend a festival in Udon Thani with her mom and dad. Thanks to God, for reopening the airports and making a miracle take place we were able to be there with her to help her dream come true. Everywhere we went she liked holding our hands and looking out for us. She has the most innocent, tender heart. I'm sure that God has been preparing her for knowing Him and His great love. Can't wait to introduce her to Jesus! We'll meet with a missionary family on Saturday who have adopted their daughter from the same orphanage. They'll help us with things like checking her head for lice and going shopping for things that she needs. We're so thankful for their help. They'll also bring her books in Thai that are bible story books. Tomorrow we will go to the orphanage to sign some paperwork. We'll get to visit Penny's school and perhaps take her out to an Orchid Farm. Tomorrow will be the first night that she'll stay overnight with us at the hotel. She seems so very excited and we couldn't be more thrilled. The Lord has definitely blessed us with a gem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I am so glad that you have finally had your turn in meeting your child. How wonderful. I pray for a smooth transition for all of you. I love reading your updates!
How wonderful! I am so glad that is finally your turn to meet your child. I will be praying for a smooth transition for all. It has been a lot of fun watching your updates. Thanks for sharing with everyone...
What a blessing. I'm so very excited to hear of your meeting and about your time together at the festival. What a perfect moment!!
I'm so glad that she was wearing the necklace you sent her as well. What a miracle this trip will be!!
Praise the Lord! SO glad to hear that these first moments together as a family are going smoothly. You will find that the Lord will just continue to help you with the communication piece as you go along. It seems that He helps the message of the heart to get across whether the words from the mouth are quite understood or not. Love and blessings from the Arni crew.
Wow, what an AMAZING first meeting with Penny! Jeff has been checking your blog every day while I have been trying to stay off the blogs awhile. He came running downstairs just now saying "Check out Reagan Ramblings!! They got their daughter!!!!!" Know that there are two people in Philadelphia right now that are teary eyed and very happy for you! Enjoy every magical moment in Thailand with your daughter.
I am so incredibly excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more!!!
Wow! Wow! Wow! I am thrilled for all three of you!
Congratulations! What a wonderful, beautiful day. Jessica
We are so happy for all of 3 of you! Special prayers going out today for Penny as she has a lot of joyful new experiences ahead of her!
Completely covered in goosebumps!!! Congratulations to all 3 of you.
Andrea.
I can't even imagine the thrill you are feeling right now! It seems like this has been a long time in the making!
I'm so happy that you guys are where you are right now and I can't wait to read more and see photos when you get time to upload them.
So exciting!!! Can't wait to read how that first night went...it is such a miracle indeed!!!
Actually what I can't wait for is to see you both and your daughter together in a picture!!!
Congratulations. Words can't describe how happy I am for you 3.
Enjoy your time in Thailand and I can't wait to read more and see pictures.
I'm sure you saw my email the other day... just had to say I agree that God's been preparing her. So wonderful! Yes, there will curely be challenges, but that's what being parents is about, right? : ) Congrats!!!!!
you are there safely and your first meeting went so well. Take care and ejoy your your time there.
Julie
We're so excited for all 3 of you! Have fun getting to know each other!
Post a Comment