The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Well, then again...
Here is the link to the news that we awakened to this Tuesday morning...http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20081202/tap-thailand-politics-protest-c8d5519_5.html It made us decide to just call everyone up and re-confirm all of our reservations. We're going to go ahead and step forward in faith moving ahead since hearing this good news that the airport is planning to reopen by Friday. We are planning to arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday. We don't even know, yet, if our board meeting is still on for December 17th or not. But, we'll just plan as if it is. And if they move it to January perhaps we'll spend more time in Japan or Udon Thani. That' a nice thought. Maybe we could spend more time getting to know Penny. We'll just see what the Lord's plan is. After all, He knows everything and is the one who really is in control. So, now I need to really scramble and organize all the adoption paperwork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I was sooooo happy to read the news today. I am glad you ones are leaving anyway. At least you will be with Penny for Christmas.
I hope you have a great trip and blog when ever you get a chance. I will be checking everyday 8-)
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had so hoped you would just go ahead and go since the PM resigned and the airports should reopen by Friday!!!!!!!!!!! If it is any encouragement, nothing at the Embassy was any different on the day that we were there (the same day that the protestors shut down the airport). It was business as usual. Please let me know if the package comes through today! Love,
Chris
how stressful. I wish you guys the best of luck. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and you can meet your daughter penny really soon. Best Wishes.
Well, congratulations again! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Make sure you keep us posted! Can't wait to see pics of you with your precious girl!
YAY!! Go for it. It sounds like you have thought about everything very sensibly and you are making a wise decision. I personally think in this case stepping out in Faith is a good idea. I'm sorry though that you have had all this undue stress on top of the normal travel and adoption worries. I also want to encourage you both to continue to know that God is definately in control even when we can't see it at all - and I know that's hard, but we really did see God's hand over our whole trip.
Oh my goodness - the word verification for my comment just happens to be 'holdons' how amazing is that!!
Wonderful news!!! As soon as we heard the new about the PM in Thailand and the airport reopening we thought of you. Were so hoping you would get to go and be united with Penny! We wish you a very safe and happy trip!
Peace & Love,
Jen & Jeff
I'm so glad things are working out. I will keep thinking happy thoughts and I know everything will be okay. You've waited too long for another thing to stand in your way!!!!!
Post a Comment